Facts and information about this famous liqueur drink
Facts and Information about the Hpnotiq Liqueur
The alcoholic drink Hpnotiq is a 35 proof fruit liqueur made from a secret family recipe containing vodka, cognac, and tropical fruit juices. Another closely guarded secret is how Hpnotiq achieves its distinctive brilliant ocean blue color. Liqueurs are sweet alcoholic drinks which are flavoured with a variety of different ingredients and come in a variety of different colors. The word 'liqueur' derives from the Latin word 'liquifacere' which means to melt or dissolve - the flavorings used to make liqueurs are dissolved. The correct spelling for this famous liqueur drink is Hpnotiq but there are several misspellings including Hypnotic, Hypnotiq, Hpnotic and Hypnotique.
List of Recipes which contain Hpnotiq
Click any of the following links on the list for recipes which contain this famous liqueur:
Information about Hpnotiq
Liqueurs are flavored with a whole variety of different ingredients! These ingredients include fruits, herbs, spices, flowers, seeds, nuts, roots, plants, barks, eggs and cream. The following list details the main ingredients of Hpnotiq together with other info about this famous liqueur.
- Main ingredients of Hpnotiq - a triple distilled vodka, tropical fruit juices and a touch of Cognac
- When the blue hue is achieved the blend of tropical fruit juices and vodka is placed in stainless steel, temperature controlled tanks after which the Cognac is added
- Country of origin - France
- Color - Brilliant ocean blue
Additional background information about Hpnotiq
Additional background information about Hpnotiq:
- Hpnotiq is available in various countries including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Sweden and Japan
- The Hpnotiq advertising campaign used optical art providing three dimensional designs. The fascinating optical illusions gave the liqueur the "IT'S HPNOTIQ." tagline
- The correct spelling for this famous liqueur drink is Hpnotiq but there are several misspellings including Hypnotic, Hypnotiq, Hpnotic and Hypnotique.
- Hpnotiq was also advertised as "the drink of choice of celebrities" by NBC-TV
- Hpnotiq is owned by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. based in Bardstown, Kentucky which was founded in 1934
- This popular liqueur has a distinctive frosted blue bottle
How to serve the Hpnotiq Liqueur
Liqueurs are made in nearly every country of the world and come in a variety of different flavors and colors. This makes every liqueur drink, such as Hpnotiq, an extremely versatile drink. Liqueurs can be served:
- Straight up - Perfect as after dinner drinks and usually served at room temperature
- On the rocks - If a cold drink is preferred liqueurs can be chilled and served over ice cubes or mixed with crushed ice
- Served with coffee
- Liqueurs can be mixed with cream or other mixers to create some really good and extremely colorful cocktails
Rainbow Liqueur Drinks - Floating Liqueurs
Ever wondered how bartenders create those unusual rainbow effects when making cocktails? They use a method called 'Floating liqueurs' which is achieved by 'floating' a measure of liqueur in a glass by pouring it slowly over an inverted spoon or down a glass rod on top of previous layers. This creates a rainbow effect in a glass when using different colored liqueurs or cordials. Liqueurs are sometimes referred to as Cordials, which causes some confusion. In America a cordial mean a sweet, syrup like alcoholic beverage. However, in the UK a cordial means a non-alcoholic, sweet, syrupy drink!
Quantities and Proportions of ingredients in Hpnotiq cocktail drinks
Quantities of ingredients tend to cause confusion - no problem, just use the correct proportions of each ingredient to create the best authentic & original Hpnotiq cocktail recipe! You can use a thimble, cup or even a pitcher ( if you are making this recipe for a group or a crowd ) when you make a cocktail! The following simple guidelines will also help with the different quantities referred to in other cocktail recipes:
- 1 oz (ounce) equals 2 tbsp (tablespoons) or 3 cl (centilitres)
- 30ml equals 1 oz
- 1 shot equals 3 tbsp (tablespoons) or 1½ oz (ounces) or 45 ml (millilitres)
- 1 cup equals 8 oz (ounces) or 24 cl (centilitres) or 240 ml (millilitres)